Monday, November 12, 2012

I don't believe in love. At least not entirely. I believe in the unconditional love my mother showers me. I believe in the kind of protecting love my father shields me. I believe in the merciful love of God. I believe in loving and making my sisters laugh. I believe in the supporting love my best friends feed me through out my growing up years.

I don't believe in love. Not entirely. I don't believe in the fairy tale kind of love; I don't think love at first sight even exists. To me it takes time to like a person; to suddenly fall in love seems so surreal. I don't believe in the kind of love movies have been showing us; where a guy chases a girl on a moving train, or a guy calls the girl back after a dramatic break-up, or a sudden romantic reunion in a vintage bookstore, or even kisses on neck for saying 'sorry'. I don't believe in those. For what I've known, I've never seen my parents did any of these, but they still love each other endlessly. It's like 'love' nowadays is defined by these movies and it stresses us out, knowing we won't experience such things in real life.

I don't believe in love. But I become a believer when you look me in the eyes. I become a believer when sitting next to you feels so right, that I never cringe. I become a believer when you tell me stories and you shine without even realizing it. I become a believer when you smile and laugh genuinely. I become a believer when my days are filled with your presence. I become a believer when we share the same songs we know by heart, we keep in heart.

I don't believe in love. Not entirely. I would have wanted to be swept off my feet, to be presented with jewels and diamonds, to be listened to sugar-coated words every day, trust me, I would have wanted to, but deep inside I knew they were unrealistic. That I prefer to believe in your simplicity, to believe in your presence, to believe that love isn't all about those stuff you watch on TV. Love is something so subjective that even your rantings make me laugh, out of the blue.

I don't believe in love. But I believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment